Terms & Conditions
The event focuses on providing a launch pad to the young blood to hone their creative talent, and is open to participation by candidates from various countries and origins.
The location of the event will be at Dubai and tentative event dates shall be around 3rd (Third) week of December, 2017.
However, details and dates of the event, registration, judges, concept etc. are subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of the Company. Candidates should check the Website periodically to make sure that they understand the Terms and are aware of any changes or modifications made therein.
Please read the Terms carefully. Participation in the event constitutes the Candidate’s unconditional agreement to and acceptance of the Terms. By accessing and using the Site in any manner, you agree to be bound by all of the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to be bound by such Terms, you are not entitled to access or use the Site.
Rules of Participation and Registration Fees
You must be between 18 (Eighteen) and 26 (Twenty six) years of age, to be eligible to participate in the event. Every Candidate will be provided with only one chance to provide his entry in the form of video/audio/photo/ data or any other creative content.
Entries should be original and belong to the Candidate only, and no entry can be made for or on behalf of any other person, third party venture or organization.
LT is entitled at its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any entry which it determines to be incomplete, unauthentic, in genuine or ineligible or which contains unlawful, derogatory, offensive, defamatory, or any such other material which might cause harm to someone’s goodwill or reputation.
The requisite fee to participate in the event is $25 (US Dollar Twenty Five) only, which is subject to change at the sole discretion of the Company. This registration fees is non-refundable.
Interested Candidate will be registering on our Site and will upload their creative bites in the form of videos/ photos/ audio/ data or any other content on our Site. The shortlisted Candidates (“Participants”)shall be informed about their selection and further procedure through e-mail, phone or other applicable media, at least 2 (two) weeks in advance in order to provide them sufficient time to make appropriate preparations related to their travel and participation in the event.
All the selected Participants shall be notified about the dates and period of the event venue (which is Dubai subject to changes at the sole discretion of the Company). The Participants shall ensure their availability to travel during the stipulated dates, and shall provide the Company with passport and all other information and documents as may be required by the Company for making their visa and travel arrangements.
If a Candidate is selected and is not able to participate in the event or does not want to participate in the event for any other reason, such Candidate shall inform the Company at least 1 (one) week in advance, else such Candidate shall be liable for any loss suffered by the Company owing to his non-participation in the event.
Travel and Accommodation
Participants from each country shall be required to gather at a common place in their country at the time specified by the Company, from where they will be taken to the event venue. The expenditure for reaching the common place of meeting is to be borne by the Participants and will not be provided by the Company.
If a Participant is not able to gather at the common place notified by the Company or misses his flight for any reason whatsoever, such Participant shall have to bear his own travel and lodging expenses, and might stand disqualified at the sole discretion of the Company.
We shall under no circumstances be held liable for any loss and/or damage suffered by the Users on account of delay and/or cancellation of flights/ train for the reasons not solely attributable to us.
Every Participant shall be allowed to take one travel companion with them, whose travel and lodging requirements at the event venue will also be borne by the Company.
The Company shall make visa arrangements for the Participants and their travel companions, and the Participants and their travel companions shall be required to have a passport with at least 6 months validity after their arrival date at the event venue. It is the sole responsibility of the Participants and their travel companion to confirm that they meet the passport and visa requirements to travel to the event venue.
You must be responsible for your own conduct and personal belongings. No User shall do anything or transmit any material that might constitute a criminal offence or give rise to any civil liability. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any manner for any conduct of User(s), including without limitation, for any loss or damage of any kind incurred by User(s) as a result of such conduct
We shall also be making arrangements for stay of the Participants and their travel companions at a hotel of our choice. Participantsand their travel companions shall also be provided meals by the Company which will include buffet breakfast and buffet dinner, and lunch will be supplied to them in packets at the place of rehearsals etc. It’s the duty of the Participant to inform us well in advance about any specific allergies etc. (if any) providing us with enough time to make necessary arrangements.
No air tickets will be provided to Participants and their travel companion who are staying within a radius of 300 (Three Hundred) Kilometres from the event venue, Company shall only bear the cost of road or local transport in such cases. Such Participants and their travel companions shall however be provided with hotel and meals facilities by the Company as is applicable to all other Participants.
The travel and lodging facilities provided by the Company are discretionary and shall be provided to the Participants as deemed appropriate and fair by the Company. Participants agree that they and their travel companions shall abide by the travel, hotel and meals arrangements provided to them by the Company and shall in no way interfere or try to force their own opinions or offers with regards to such arrangements.
The Participant and their travel companion are responsible for ensuring they have all necessary travel insurance and documents for travel to the event venue. If a Participant or their travel companion do not hold all necessary travel documentation, fail to provide such documentation and other information before the deadline provided by the Company, or are denied a visa for any reason, then they will be ineligible to participate in the event, and will stand disqualified.
All Participants and their travel companions must procure travel insurance at their own costs and expenses and are responsible for ensuring that they and their travel companion are fit to travel and have received appropriate immunizations and/or health checks prior to travelling to the event venue.
The Company shall not be responsible for any other expenses otherwise as mentioned in this Agreement. Accommodation costs provided by the Company does not include additional charges such as mini bar, in-room entertainment, dry cleaning, room service or other additional charges. Any extra expenses related to travel or additional money spent on meals, taxes, luggage, insurance, expenses arising due to misconduct of the Participants or their travel companions, and all other ancillary costs shall not be borne by the Company, and Participants shall be responsible for all such ancillary expenses done by them or their travel companions.
It is clarified that the costs and expenses incurred by the Company for the boarding and lodging of the Participants and their companions can not be redeemed in cash or in any other value by the Participants in any manner whatsoever.
Candidate’s Obligations and Responsibilities
The Candidate agrees and undertakes:
- - The Candidate does not possess any criminal record, and all the personal details and information provided by the Candidate to the Company is truthful, correct and in no way misleading;
- - that the content uploaded by them on the Company Site for participation in the event is genuine, authentic, does not belong to any other person, does not contain any virus/ malware etc., and is not racially or ethnically offensive, derogatory, unlawful, threatening, defamatory, abusive, obscene or harmful in any way to the Company or any third person;
- - to abide by the rule and regulations of the country (Rule of Land) where the event will be held, and will be solely responsible for their actions and behaviours, including but not limited to dress regulations, state and cultural laws, infringements, fines etc;
- - to keep the Company informed about their whereabouts and actions at all the times while they are in the country of the event venue;
- - that they are in fit and healthy condition to travel to the event venue and their participation in the event, and have taken all the necessary precautions and health insurance before leaving for the event venue;
- - not to infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party right, including but not limited to, copyright, trademark, publicity, or privacy rights.;
- - Candidate meets all the eligibility requirements as specified by the Company to participate in the event.
Company owns the right to:
- - use, publish, promote, advertise, modify, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and otherwise exploit the content and details provided by the Candidate for advertising, production and promotional purposes;
- - modify, cancel, terminate, prepone, postpone or make any other changes related to date and place of the event, in which case such information will be made available on Company’s Site;
- - accept or reject the content or material uploaded/ provided by the Candidate at any time during registration or after selection, or to ask for more information to confirm whether the Candidate is the true owner of the content/ material submitted;
- - disown or disqualify the Candidate if found guilty of involvement in any illegal act, or found to act in violation of the policies of the Company and guidelines set forth in these Terms;
- - take any necessary action with regards to the event as may be required by law or subject to any direction from a regulatory authority.
All materials displayed on or accessible through the Site (including, but not limited to video, audio clips, sound, text, graphics, articles, photographs, images, illustrations, or any other material or information ("Content")) are protected by copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights and laws. The user may use this material only as expressly authorized by the Company and shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit or create derivative works of such Content without express authorization. Candidate agrees not to upload, submit, distribute or reproduce any material owned by any third party or person and not belonging to the Candidate, any such unauthorized submission or distribution of copyrighted or other proprietary content is illegal and could subject the Candidate to personal liability or criminal prosecution.
Candidate acknowledges and agrees that by using our Site and posting any messages, text, data, information or making available content on our Site, Candidate grants a perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to the Company to access, copy, distribute, store, transmit, reformat, publicly perform or display on or through the Site, in any manner or form and in any medium or forum, the content of your user account solely as required in the ordinary course of our business or for the purpose of providing the services to you.
Candidates hereby undertake and understand that any and all photographs, motion pictures, recordings, and/or likenesses of them being captured during the Event, its affiliated entities or contractors, and/or the media become the sole property of the Company. Candidates grant the right, permission and authority to Company and its designees to use their name and any such photographs, motion pictures, recordings, and/or likenesses for any legitimate purpose, including but not limited to promoting, advertising, and marketing activities, further, that the Company and its designees have the full right to sell and/or earn profits from the commercial use of such photographs, motion pictures, recordings, and/or likenesses.
Practice of following acts will lead to immediate disqualification of the Participant/ Candidate:
- - misbehaviour/ misconduct/ involvement in any illegal act/ robbery or any such activity termed as robbery/ violence or any activity resorting to violence/ involvement in drugs/ carrying illegal objects or weapons as forbidden by the rule of land/ wearing inappropriate attire/ practicing or in any way promoting racism;
- - found drunk or intoxicated at the time/ prior to performance;
- - found guilty of any criminal act done earlier or at the time of event;
- - caught in inappropriate condition with opposite gender or found entertaining unauthorized or foreign people in rooms;
- - found guilty of tampering with the entry process, or any other process that in any way affects the fairness of the event;
- - found tampering with the Company’s Site or operation of the event;
- - found guilty of flouting the rules and regulations and non adherence to schedule, without any substitute or excuses or valid proof;
- - acting in violation of these Terms;
- - acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner;
- - non-adherence to the Rule of Land where event will be conducted.
In case the Company becomes aware at any time, including after completion of the event and after winner has been announced, that any Participant has not complied with these Terms or other terms and conditions of the event, the Participant will have no entitlement to any prize or any other promotional benefits associated with the prize and, shall be liable to compensate the Company for the losses incurred therein.
Candidate agrees to indemnify LT and each of its directors, employees, associates, members, affiliates, officers and agents with respect to any and all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses (including attorney’s fees) which might be brought against or incurred by the Company in connection with a) Candidate’s violation of any rules or regulations; b) Candidate’s breach of obligations and warranties contained in this Agreement; and c) Candidate’s use of the Site or any submission provided by you therein. Candidate agrees to fully cooperate with the Company in any claim brought by or against the Company as fully and reasonably as required.
Without limiting the forgoing, the Candidate forever releases the Company and its affiliates, directors, managers, employees and agents from, any claim, loss or liability arising in any way from or in connection with any delay or discrepancies related to broadcast, quality, or conduct of the event, and any representations made by or on behalf of the Company in relation to the event.
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
These Terms as well as any disputes which might arise between us and user shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India, and any disputes or claims relating to these Terms or any other matter shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts situated at Delhi (India).
- (a) In the event of any dispute/ differences arising out of, under and/or in connection with this Agreement or otherwise, the Candidate and the Company shall endeavor to settle and resolve the issue by discussions and in the event the same cannot be amicably resolved between the disputing parties within 30 days of dispute being notified by either party (to the dispute) for such resolution, the dispute in question or difference shall be referred (by way of issuance of notice by any party to the dispute) to arbitration in accordance with Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 with amendments and re-enactments thereof.
- (b) Each party (Company and Candidate) shall appoint one arbitrator each and the two arbitrators so appointed thereon shall appoint a Presiding Arbitrator. No arbitrator shall be the present or former employee or agent of, or consultant or counsel to either party or in any way related or closely connected with the parties.
- (c) The language of the arbitration proceedings shall be in English language and the venue of arbitration shall be Delhi. The arbitration award shall be final, conclusive and binding upon the Parties.
Limitation of Liability
Except as expressly provided in these Terms, LT excludes, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all warranties, representations and conditions whether implied by law, trade, custom or otherwise. The Company is not responsible for the cancellation, delay and/or rescheduling of any part of the event and any resulting costs incurred by the Participant or their travel companions.
In no circumstances will LT or its directors, affiliates, employees, officers or agents be liable, whether in tort, contract or otherwise for any indirect loss, loss of profits, consequential loss or special or exemplary damage suffered by the Participant or any other person, even if such loss or damages are foreseeable and whether or not the Company has been advised of the possibility thereof.
Company is not liable for any spoilage/ damage/ theft etc. caused by the Participant to the hotel/city/country/event venue’s property and such expenses will be paid by the Participant only. The Company shall also not be responsible in any way for any liability arising out of or in connection with loss of passport of any Candidate, fraudulent use of passport, wrong use of content uploaded by the Candidate, any conflict or discontent based on selection criteria, any conflict arising out of stay or any corrupt practise in the premises of hotel, mishandling of information provided, any damages caused or issues related safety and security measures in the land of event venue.
This Agreement is effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate this Agreement at any time, provided that you discontinue any further use of this Site. The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to restrict, suspend or terminate any Candidate’s use of and/or access to its Site, without notice or liability to the Candidate. All provisions of this Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, but not limited to, licenses, governing law, indemnification and limitation of liability.
Subject to the regulatory requirements in each State or Territory, the Company may at its discretion vary the Terms for the event or entirely terminate or cancel the event.
Waiver and Severability
Any failure by the Company to enforce any of these terms and conditions, shall not be construed as having waived that term or condition or its right to later enforce that or any other term or condition, unless any such waiver has been consented to by us in writing.
If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
Candidate shall not be entitled to assign to any third party any of its rights under any agreement or any part of an agreement to which these apply, without our prior written consent and any such assignment or transfer or purported assignment or transfer shall be void ab initio.
We reserve the right to transfer Candidate’s content and information, rights and/or obligations under the Terms to a third party, who purchases our business, and may inform Candidate of such assignment or transfer in accordance with the notice requirements under the Agreement.
The Company shall not be liable if performance of any service or obligation under these Terms is prevented, restricted, delayed or interfered with, by reason beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to a telecommunications failure, terrorist attack, war, national emergency, inclement weather, fire, flood, earthquake, natural disaster, shortage or destruction of equipment or materials, labor disputes, strikes, lock outs, utility or communication failures, embargo or any law, order, proclamation, regulation, ordinance, demand or requirement having legal effect of any government or any judicial authority or representative of any such government, or any other act whatsoever, which are beyond the reasonable control of the Company or its third parties affiliates, and could not have been prevented by reasonable precautions, and will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Candidate.
In compliance with Information Technology Act, 2000 and the rules made thereunder, the Grievance Officer of LT for the purpose of this Agreement shall be Shubham Sachdeva with email address : email@example.com. We may change the aforesaid details from time to time under intimation to you.
For any query, feedback or suggestions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org